Monday, January 19, 2009

I'm from the Country...and I like it that way!



Anybody who knows me knows that I rarely go anywhere without a camera. I like to grab great little moments with the kids or funny things I happen to spot. Well, yesterday on the way to church, I didn't have my camera and oh how I regret it! I had one of those great moments when the fact I lived in the country really hit me.

Yesterday, I was giving a talk in church, so I was trying so hard not to be late. I left my house with just enough time to get there - 30 minutes. Well, I turned from my road on to Main Street, and what is right in front of me...a tractor. Not just a tractor, but a tractor being driven by a man on his CELLPHONE! He proceeded to drive through town, all the way to the county line, weaving back and forth at 10 miles an hour. I guess it is difficult to control a large tractor with only one hand!

I finally passed him and made t to church 5 minutes late, but luckily sacrament meeting was starting late. WHEW! Nothing more embarrasing than being late and having to walk all the way to the stand while everyone watches!

Happy Monday!

4 comments:

Liz, Nate, Sydney, Holly said...

Hilarious! Glad you made it in time to speak! P.S. I love that song, it cracks me up.

The Mostess said...

Hilarious. Country folk need to communicate, too, you know.

Our church always starts on time...sometimes early. It's especially painful @ 9 am. If I ran things, it would start 5-10 minutes late, but always wrap up on the hour.

Don and Robin Cooper said...

I like how you always find the "positive"! Say "hi" to our kinfolk in Paris Ward!

Shuldberg Family said...

How did the storm affect you guys? Are you okay?