Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Deputy Bennie Saves the Day

As many of you will see on the news tonight, there was an attempted robbery at the Bank right across the street from the school. The school was on lock-down for two hours, but thankfully, our local Deputy Sheriff was alert enough to see danger before it happened.

I have to admit that when I first moved here, I thought our Sheriff's Department was a bit of an Andy and Barny group. Moving to Mayberry, I thought it was okay because we have a police department. But the longer I live here and the more a read the local news, I am thankful that Deputy Buckler is on the job. If there is a problem in this county, he is usually the one that finds it and is able to fix it. So, this is just a big thank you to him and the rest of the Sheriff's Department for keeping us all safe.

As for the kids, the lock-down, the kids were a little freaked out but thanks to practice and information from the teachers they were able to sail through like champs. Julia was excited to be in the library with Mrs. Murrell. Her only concern was for the little girl in her class that was crying. Olivia, in typical Olivia fashion, hasn't said much at all. And Samantha, my talkative one, told me every single detail, including the fact that since they missed lunch time, their teacher gave them all some Oreos she had in her desk. (Thank you, Sara Ellen.) The uniform concern amongst all the girls was that there lunch was much later than usual and they were all hungry.

Thanks to all of you with your sweet emails and calls. It is nice to know that you are all still thinking of us.

3 comments:

Annie said...

It just goes to show you that the meth addicts are feeling the economic downturn, too. He probably robbed five houses and came up with nothing. He had to rob the bank!

Don and Robin Cooper said...

Yea for small towns and good people watching over each other!

Janice {Run Far} said...

Hey Jeri- Just wanted to tell you we got your card with your contact info today. Thanks for thinking of us. I love the bloggy world and FB of course. I manage my family blog and my personal running blog which keeps me busy. I am not great at writing, but at least our families in Utah can keep up on what we are doing. Thanks again.