Friday, June 5, 2009

May Update - In Pictures

May is always such a beautiful month in Kentucky. We have enjoyed being outside, finishing up school, and exploring our new home town.


Osias and I finally turned into a old people and took our kids out for a drive in the country on a Saturday afternoon. They kept asking where we were going and I would say, "Nowhere, we are just enjoying the drive." Boy, they were not impressed with that answer. At least I got Julia and Olivia to smile for a picture.



On Mother's Day, the only gift I asked for was to be left in peace to read a book. So after breakfast in bed and a nice day at church, Osias took the girls to Blue Licks State Park for a hike. They had such fun and can't wait to go again. Sadly, they really want me to go with them next time. I don't think they understand that Mom isn't really an outdoorsy kind of girl. Oh well, I guess I'll have to do it for the family. :-)




May bring the end of the school year. This is Julia's last year of preschool and Samantha's last year of Elementary School. Olivia will be in the 3rd grade next year. It is so bitter sweet to watch your kids grow up. I love watching them become independent, responsible and loving, but at the same time it is sad to see them move away from the protective circle of their parents and family to spend more time at school and activities.

Julia's end of year Preschool Picnic.


Preschool Graduation

We had a fun visit with my Cousin Annie and her two children and my Aunt Gail. This is the first time we have seen Baby Adam, so we were very excited. He is so sweet and looks just like Abigail when she was a baby. It was also fun to see how grown-up Abigail is and how much fun she and Julia had playing together. I was sad that they could only be here for a few hours, but the girls and I plan on making a trip to Nashville this summer.




Finally, summer means playing in the water outside. Last year, at the end of the season, I bought this Slip-n-Slide for the girls. This was the first outing and Olivia and Julia had a blast. They would have stayed out there all night if we let them. I forgot how covered in grass you get when playing on a slip-n-slide. They didn't care, they just loved sliding and being silly. (Samantha took these pictures. I think she did a great job.)





The rest of the summer is already gearing up to be insanely busy. All three girls have birthdays, the 4th of July, the Blackberry Festival, family vacation, a couple of short road trips, and both Samantha & Olivia are on cheer squads, but not the same one, so I will keep you updated.

We love you all and look forward to seeing you or hearing from you soon.

Love, Osias, Jeri & the girls

5 comments:

Annie said...

We loved coming to visit. Adam looks so good in that picture. I'm so glad I took him to the tanning bed--just to get a base.

Don and Robin Cooper said...

I love reading your blog and seeing your cute girls! Wow, they really are growing up! Enjoy your summer!

Linda@SurfandSweetgrass said...

Jeri,
You're such a great writer..so funny and descriptive. I love that you've been to the bull-riders competition and know exactly how very entertaining it is! I really think I would love that little city you live in...sounds like so many fun things to do. Glad you have such an awesome husband who could truly "deliver" for you on Mother's day! Miss you in Pioneer Ward..

brandon and jenna allen said...

The girls have grown so much. I'm mad because I just figured out we will be in utah for the blackberry festival. It was fun last year and Hallie will actually be old enough to start to enjoy it

The Mostess said...

Ah, the good ol Slip n Slide. That brings back (rocky, painful) memories!